Dr Holly uses Hyaluronic acid Filler (HA) in her clinic which act to restore volume in the face, fill in lines/ wrinkle or hollows, or for lip augmentation. HA is a naturally occurring complex sugar substance. It binds to water and improves skin structure and keeps skin elastic.
What happens when we age?
Several changes happens when we age:
- There is bone resorption meaning that the bones become smaller and the shape changes.
- There is dehydration and loss of the fat pads around the face which also migrate downwards with the effect of gravity; creating deep hollows which can age us.
- The skin loses moisture and collagen which decreases its elasticity causing lines and wrinkles
What else do Dermal Fillers contain?
All the dermal fillers used By Dr Holly also contain an anaesthetic mixed in with the filler. This is to make the injecting experience as painless as possible and to aid with comfort during the procedure.
You must inform Dr Holly if you have an allergy to any local anaesthetics (Lidocaine)
How long do Dermal fillers last?
Most fillers will last at least 6 months and some up to 18 months. It all depends on the different properties of the dermal fillers chosen, or how often you move or exercise that particular area. For example lip enhancement with fillers: the filler will dissolve and degrade faster if you smoke or purse your lips frequently or if you are a very fit and active person with a high metabolic rate.
What are the common side effects of the dermal fillers?
Swelling, discomfort, bruising, itching or discolouration and tenderness may occur and will tend to resolve in a few days. If lips are injected, the swelling may persist for one week following the injection.
What are the Risks to dermal fillers?
Luckily these are rare: abscess formation(infection), granuloma formation (tissue accumulation), blood vessel blockage (‘vascular occlusion’), ulceration, tissue loss, blindness.
What happens after my dermal filler injections?
- Dr Holly normally advises avoiding lip fillers immediately before any important social occasion just in case of any swelling that may persist.
- The majority of patients can go about their daily activities once the filler procedure has been performed.
- Dr Holly normally advises not to touch the treated area for a few hours after the procedure to reduce infection risk, to avoid facials/saunas/spas for the next 48 hours, and strenuous exercise for the 48 hours post treatment.
Will I look natural?
As a qualified Doctor and Cosmetic Physician Dr Holly prides herself on her patients’ having a natural and refreshed look. She will tailor treatment options to suit every individual patient.
How much will it cost?
1ml of Dermal Filler starts from $500. How much Volume Dr Holly will use depends on the individual and the area being treated.
Why Choose Dr Holly for your Cosmetic Injectables?
As a qualified Doctor and Cosmetic Physician, Dr Holly understands the anatomy behind the ageing process.
As a female in her 30’s I understand that confidence comes from having your skin looks its best. Let me tailor non surgical treatment solutions (anti wrinkle injections and dermal fillers) that will help you achieve your goals.
Making the decision to select cosmetic injectables for the first time can be daunting. I pride myself on taking the time to discuss all Injectable options, provide you with thorough education and answer any concerns that you may have.