What is Dermapen?
The device gently glides over the skin with an automatic vibrating function, penetrating the skin layers up to a depth of 2mm, to create tiny needle abrasions. The treatment encourages the body to react by creating new elastin and collagen fibres. When the skin responds to the treatment, it thickens and plumps, minimising the appearance of wrinkles, scarring and fine lines
A full treatment session will last 1.5-2 hours and include facial cleansing & preperation
What can it be used to treat?
- Facial rejuvination/uneven texture
- Improving wrinkles and fine lines
- Open pore minimisation
- Scarring, particularly acne scars!
- Stretch marks
- UV damage
Skin needling is especially effective for many areas of ageing such as wrinkles, lines, folds and crow’s feet. Because collagen is produced, scars and stretch marks can also improve from treatment especially indented acne scars. General lack of skin radiance, skin firmness and compactness are also an indication for Dermapen!!!
When will i see results?
Results should be visible after your first treatment. Lasting and more significant results will occur after 4 to 6 treatments (spaced 2-8 weeks apart). Your skin will continue to improve over the next 6-12 months after a course of treatments when combined with the recommended post treatment care
How is Dermapen different from Dermarolling?
Dermarollers are hand operated, non motorised skin needling devices sometimes used by non health care professions. Dermapen offers the following advantages that lead to a better overall patient result:
- More precise – Dermapen can easily treat hard to access areas around the eyes & nose, often these are difficult to reach with traditional Dermarollers.
- Customised treatment – Needle depth can be adjusted with Dermapen which allows us to cater to different areas of the face that require different penetration levels.
- Less epidermal damage – The needles in the Dermapen penetrate the skin vertically whereas with Dermarolling the needles penetrate the skin at an angle causing more chance of ‘tears’ and longer recovery time.
- Fast treatment with minimal discomfort – As Dermapen has a built in motorised system it is more precise and accurate on its depth of penetration and can penetrate the skin from up to 100 times per second with an adjustable speed. Being able to adjust the speed minimises skin damage, pain and recovery time.
What will i look like after?
It is common to experience some mild redness, along with some swelling, which may last approximately 24-48 hours. After several days or weeks you will start to notice a brighter, smoother, more radiant appearance and younger looking skin. However, it takes several months to realise the treatment’s full benefits
Does the procedure hurt?
Prior to your Dermapen micro needling treatment, anaesthetic cream may be applied to the area making the experience comfortable and virtually pain free
How Much does it cost?
- Single treatment: $359
- Package of 4 treatments: $1,159 (saving of $277)
- Package of 6 treatments $1590 (saving of $564)
- Package of 8 treatments $1920 (saving of $952)
Why Choose Dr Holly for you Injectables?
As a qualified Doctor and Cosmetic Physician, Dr Holly understands the anatomy behind the ageing process.
As a female in her 30’s Dr Holly understands that confidence comes from having your skin looks its best. Let her tailor non surgical treatment solutions (anti wrinkle injections and dermal fillers) that will help you achieve your goals.
Making the decision to select cosmetic injectables for the first time can be daunting. Dr Holly prides herself on taking the time to discuss all Injectable options, provide you with thorough education and answer any concerns that you may have.