What is it ?
- Silhouette soft is a TGA-approved, new treatment of bio-absorbable threads with a dual lift-and-collagen-regenerating effect designed for the face.
- They are a minimally invasive & tailor-made treatment to rival the old surgical face lift, with minimal downtime and recovery. The technique leaves no scars !
- The patented technology has been developed in the USA over the last 6 years and has a unique cone & thread technology to correct midface, and jaw line sagging in 30-60 minutes, resulting in a fresher and younger look.
What is Silhouette Soft made from ?
- The suture material is made from Poly-L-Lactic Acid which is a well-known polymer that has been used for many years in a number of biomedical pharmaceutical applications. It has a long history of use as a resorbable suture, a drug delivery system and in orthopaedic fixation devices such as pins, rods and screws.
- The cones are made from Lactide/Gycolide (82% Lactide-18% Glycolide). Silhouette Soft is the only reabsorable suture with bidirectional resorbable cones.
- The cones provide anchorage points in the subcutaneous tissue. Collagen induction around the cones creates a solid support of the soft tissue, thus preventing risks of migration or extrusion.
- The entire surface of the cones is smooth, so that patients do not experience any prickling sensation. While the cones slowly break down, capsules form around them. These capsules which are not present with any of the barbed sutures, provide important fixation points for the superficial adipose (fat)tissue.
- These components are totally resorbable, biocompatible and biodegradable
Advantages of Silhouette soft?
- Immediate natural looking lifting effect
- Progressive restoration of lost collagen
- Entirely re-absorable component
- 30-60 minute procedure
- No incision
- Long-lasting effect; lasts over 12 months
- Ideal treatment for mid face, neck and jaw line areas which can be treated separately or at the same time
Silhouette Soft has two main actions:
- A lifting action: for immediate and discreet effect
- A regenerative effect: for gradual and natural looking results Silhouette soft promotes the restoration of lost collagen.
How long does the effect last?
The sutures and cones start breaking down at the 12-18month mark, however the effects can last for some years after this
Is it safe?
3 years after the launch in the USA, the adverse-effect rate for Silhouette Soft was recorded at 0.029% (source: internal safety report). So far more than 130,000 treatments have been performed over 60 countries.
What does the procedure consist of ?
After having an initial consult with Dr Holly to discuss your concerns. Dr Holly will explain the effect that both herself and yourself are hoping for and how many threads will be used to achieve this.
You will be laying down for about 45-60 minutes in total.
Local anaesthetic is injected into the areas where the threads are going to enter and exit, a sterile drape is put over the neck and around the face and the procedure begins. The patient remains awake for the procedure. Some mild sensations of pushing/pulling can be felt around the face.
The patient is then sat up with the threads remaining in the face. These are then massaged to create a lifting effect which the patient can see for themselves in a mirror and then the threads are cut.
Life can then be resumed as normal !
Any side effects or complications?
Like with any medical procedure where a needle is involved there is a risk of swelling, bruising and bleeding. There is a small risk of infection ; Dr Holly may prescribe prophylactic antibiotics in some cases. There is a small risk of the skin looking depressed or puckered around the entry/exit points when the threads are massaged; this is temporary and will last only a few days.
Who is suitable?
The procedure aims to obtain volume repositioning or skin tightening in any areas where the bidirectional Silhouette Soft sutures are placed, through a process of elevation and compression of facial tissue. Any patient who is concerned regarding their saggy jaw line or general signs of ageing should make an appointment to discuss this with Dr Holly.
As with many Aesthetic modalities; the ideal result may be a combination of Silhouette soft threads, dermal fillers to add volume to the face as well as muscle relaxants.
*Images courtesy of silhouette soft USA
Post operative care ?
- Sleep face up, elevated on pillows for 3-5 nights.
- Wash, shave and dry face gently without rubbing or massaging (5 days)
- Refrain from applying makeup for as long as possible (minimum 24 hours)
- Avoid over exposure to direct sunlight and do not use tanning beds (2 weeks)
- Avoid face and neck massages and facial aesthetic treatments ( 4 weeks)
- Avoid high impact sports (2 weeks)
- Do not use saunas (3 weeks)
- Avoid dental surgery (3 weeks)
When would I see the effect ?
The effect of the thread lifting can be seen immediately after the procedure. The full effect will generally take up to 4 weeks to see.
How much does it cost?
WHY CHOOSE DR HOLLY FOR YOUR COSMETIC INJECTABLES?
As a qualified Doctor and Cosmetic Physician, Dr Holly understands the anatomy behind the ageing process.
As a female in her 30’s Dr Holly understands that confidence comes from having your skin looks its best. Let her tailor non surgical treatment solutions (anti wrinkle injections and dermal fillers) that will help you achieve your goals.
Making the decision to select cosmetic injectables for the first time can be daunting. Dr Holly prides herself on taking the time to discuss all Injectable options, provide you with thorough education and answer any concerns that you may have.